Saturday, March 12, 2005

Letting Go

We took a quick one night trip to Duluth. The purpose was to attend my step - daughter's orientation to attend UMD next year. She's graduating from high school this year. Where did this young woman come from? I thought that I was living with a little girl...I would tell anyone with kids to appreciate every day, because overnight they grow up and move away.

Clearly, it's much harder on my wife. When Cassie picked up her school ID and proudly handed it to me, I was a little taken aback - here was a little girl's face on a card reading University of Minnesota. I handed it to Kim. She cried.

I know that the next few months are going to be tough. My wife is very attached to her kids, but I'm very proud of how she is handling it, Nonetheless, Cassie has pulled me aside more than once to make me promise that I won't let Kim do snap inspections, or make too many trips to the Zenith City.

All of that being said, it sure seems like it was about 2 weeks ago that Cassie started crying because I wouldn't buy here a Potty Training Kelly Doll. Geez.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How I agree, My daughter is getting married on Sept 3 and 2 weeks later my son is likey to be going to University. People need to appreciate every minute and every second of every minute.

12:01 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home